A portfolio that represents a body of work is required to apply to
the MFA Program.
Please make sure to (1) submit your online MFA application through the College at Brockport’s site at http://www.brockport.edu/graduate/programs/vis.html and (2) submit your portfolio through submittable.com
Technically applications are due on February 15th for fall admission only, but they are encouraged at any time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write or call Tate Shaw at email@example.com.
- A portfolio that represents a body of work is required for the application.
- You may send up to 20 images of one or several bodies of work.
- When submitting book work, please send images of multiple spreads or create a short video of turning each page of the book to be submitted in the portfolio.
- If you make moving images, send several short digital video excerpts, no more than 20 minutes total.
- If you are a critic submitting writing samples, please send several excerpts or one long piece, no more than 20 pages total.
- All portfolio submissions must be made through submittable.com
The Project Space provides artists the opportunity to experiment with new work, new display strategies, and to have discussions with critics, curators, graduate students, and the community-at-large about works in-progress. Artists open the Project Space to the public in one or more open studio sessions during the residency.
Multiple time slots from February through November 2018 are now open.
Accepted residents from outside the Western New York region will be provided a free furnished studio apartment two blocks away from VSW.
A committee of artists and curators at Visual Studies Workshop will select the proposals.
Call opens: September 8, 2017
Deadline: December 3, 2017
Notification: December 15, 2017
- The proposal should be no more than 150 words in length.
- A bio of no more than 50 words.
- Collaborations are welcome and, in the case of a collaborative proposal, additional 50 word bios for proposed presenters may be submitted.
- Please submit examples of recent works made within the past 3 years in the form of still images, PDFs of books, moving image pieces, documentation of installations or writing samples where applicable to the work.
- All submissions must be made through submittable.com.
- Eligibility is free and open to all practitioners.
- Accepted Media
- Up to ten still images, no larger 72 resolution and 10 inches on the longest side
- Up to ten minutes of moving images
- Up to three pages of text
- The deadline for submissions is December 3, 2017.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or for more information.
Visual Studies Workshop’s mission is to support makers and interpreters of images through education, publications, exhibitions, and collections. Our wide range of programs and facilities support media artists, students, other arts organizations, and the general population interested in the visual arts and its education. The interrelated program areas that implement and extend our mission are in Education, the Research Center, Afterimage, VSW Press, Artists-in-Residence, and Exhibitions. We are located in Rochester, NY in the Neighborhood of the Arts at 31 Prince Street, 14607.
VSW's Exhibitions program is supported in part by The New York Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.