Rochester Small Press Book Fair
Saturday October 13, Noon-5pm
VSW Auditorium, 31 Prince Street, Rochester, NY
Vendor application closes Monday, September 3rd, 2018 (Labor Day). Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Monday, September 10th.
Applicants need to supply a link to their website or images of their work and a brief description of what they will bring to The Fair. Table fee will be due in September upon acceptance to The Fair.
The Rochester Small Press Book Fair (formerly Pub Fair) brings together book artists, photographers, independent publishers, and DIYers to exhibit their work in a unique market showcasing the gamut of what publishing can be. Artist’s books, photobookworks, chapbooks, magazines, zines, digital publishing as well as resources are available to peruse and purchase. The Fair will continue to have poetry and lit readings as well as food and coffee for sale.
Table fees and sizes:
• Regular table for small presses/individuals: $25 ($20 VSW members) 4 feet by 30 inches (half of a banquet table)
• Full table for larger presses: $50 ($45 VSW Members) 6 feet by 30 inches
• Sponsor: $250 full table (6 feet by 30 inches)
Rochester Small Press Book Fair welcomes sponsors to help cover advertising and organizational costs. Contact Dan Varenka at dvarenka (at) vsw (dot) org for more information about supporting The Fair.
A portfolio that represents a body of work is required to apply to
the MFA Program.
Please make sure to (1) submit your online MFA application through the College at Brockport’s site at http://www.brockport.edu/graduate/programs/vis.html and (2) submit your portfolio through submittable.com
Technically applications are due on February 15th for fall admission only, but they are encouraged at any time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write or call Tate Shaw at email@example.com.
- A portfolio that represents a body of work is required for the application.
- You may send up to 20 images of one or several bodies of work.
- When submitting book work, please send images of multiple spreads or create a short video of turning each page of the book to be submitted in the portfolio.
- If you make moving images, send several short digital video excerpts, no more than 20 minutes total.
- If you are a critic submitting writing samples, please send several excerpts or one long piece, no more than 20 pages total.
- All portfolio submissions must be made through submittable.com